The City of Raleigh provides and excellent benefits package to its employees. The following are some of the things that you can expect when you become a police officer.
Uniforms and Equipment
An officer’s complete uniform, shoes, weapon, and all necessary equipment are furnished by the City. Items are periodically replaced as the need arises.
Vacation and Leave
The City of Raleigh offers generous leave and family coverage. Benefits begin the first day of Academy Training:
- 11 Paid Holidays plus
- 12 Days paid Vacation
- 12 Days paid Sick Leave
- 12 Hours Petty Leave
- Enrollment in NC Local Governmental Employees’ Retirement System
- Supplemental Retirement Income Plan of North Carolina 401 (K) Plan
- Deferred Compensation Plan (Optional)
- Benefits start within 30 days of being hired.
- Minimal extra cost for Dependants Coverage is available.
- Reimbursement Accounts
- Credit Union
- Employee Health & Wellness Center
- Worker's Compensation
- Disability Income Plan