Administrative Services Division
This division provides services that support police headquarters, the six police districts and the public.
- Police Records—receives all incident reports and maintains them in accordance with State laws.
- Information Services—maintains the computer aided dispatching system, records management system, departmental computers and the mobile computer
- Research and Planning—provides multi-year planning and manpower allocation alternatives.
- Police Personnel and Recruiting Office—recruits and hires all department personnel.
- Training—coordinates all basic and in-service training for all department personnel.
- Evidence Unit—receives, securely stores and maintains custody of all found property and evidence.
- Quartermaster’s Office—maintains accountability over departmentally fixed assets, and acquires, transfers and disposes of departmental property according to policy.
- Court Liaison—coordinates interactions between the Wake County Judiciary System and the Department.
- Police Service Center—coordinates fleet management